- This event has passed.
Healtex Launch Event
November 14, 2016 @ 13:00 - 18:30
Unlocking evidence contained in healthcare text
The UK healthcare text analytics research network (Healtex) aims to build a multi-disciplinary community of researchers interested in making sense of free text in healthcare. The network has been funded by EPSRC (UK Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council).
The network currently includes research groups from 14 UK universities, four partner organisations (the UK Renal Registry, Arthritis Research UK, HealthUnlocked, South London and Maudsley NHS Trust), several National Healthcare Service trusts and private sector partners (including language technology and social media providers).
The the official launch of the network will be on Monday November 14th 2016 in Manchester, UK. The launch event will be followed by a workshop on “Unmet needs and challenges in using narrative data for clinical/epidemiological research”, which will take place on 15th November 2016.
Agenda (Monday, November 14th):
- 12:30-2:00 Registration and Lunch
- 2:00-2:15 Goran Nenadic: “The UK healthcare text analytics network”
- 2:15-2:45 Iain Buchan: “Mining text for health discovery and actionable analytics”
- 2:45-3:15 Robert Stewart: “Unmet needs and immediate challenges in healthcare text processing – the CRIS experience”
- 3:15-4:00 Break, posters, networking
- 4:00-4:30 Nigel Collier: “NLP capabilities and challenges in the health arena”
- 4:30-5:00 Elizabeth Ford: “Issues of Privacy and Governance when Using Medical Free Text for Research”
- 5:00-6:30 Posters, networking, wine/nibbles reception
The launch event will be at the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI).